A Belated Post

I last blogged about 10 months ago.. and am not sure that there will be enough space here to capture what life has been like the last 10 months.  After losing the baby last fall.. life went on, as it always does.  The Royals went on a historic run to the World Series, and we were there to see all of it. Truman had a blast, and I can only hope that those memories will be long lasting. The games were fun, but as I celebrated each win, I did so with feelings of emptiness and a good amount of guilt.  How could I be cheering, celebrating when just weeks before I had lost so much?  I was terribly conflicted... Work continued, runs continued, but all the while, it felt like there was something missing.  Until Thanksgiving. When we were able to give thanks for the gift that was growing inside of me.

The first trip to the doctor was positive.. all the blood work looked good, as did the first few ultrasounds.. we were in business.  The first trimester passed easily, and I felt that I could finally breathe a sigh of relief.  We had a level two ultrasound at 19 weeks which confirmed a healthy baby.  Progesterone shots were prescribed due to Truman being preterm, and I began weekly injections that were quite literally, a pain in the ass.  ;)  But if it meant this baby would keep cooking.. then I could handle the shots, and their less than desirable side effects.  Just shy of 25 weeks this pregnancy went from easy peasy to downright scary.  I always knew there was a chance that this baby would be preterm, but was optimistic that wouldn't be the case.  A trip to labor and delivery at 25 weeks showed that I was contracting, but that nothing was progressing.  I'll condense the next 14 weeks into the following:  meds(side effects), a few more trips to L & D, weekly doctor appointments, bed rest and near constant contractions.  But thankfully, due to great medical care, I was able to carry this baby to 39 weeks.

Full Moon.  Blue Moon. And a baby boy who was beyond ready to break out.  Fletcher Pierce joined our family at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 1st.  2 days later we left the hospital.. in what felt like a surreal experience after all we had gone through with Truman.  The elation at taking home a healthy, full term baby is honestly something I still can't quite put in to words.

And here we are, nearly 3 months later... sleep deprived, but in love.  Our little family is chugging along and I couldn't be happier to be the mom to two amazing boys.  My heart is full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to start..

Grief