An end and a beginning

Tonight is the last Sunday in the first house I purchased.  I purchased this house with my dear husband nearly eight years ago, and I have loved it.  There have been things about this house that drove me bonkers, but when I reflect upon the past eight years, I reflect with fondness.  This is a house that we made a HOME.  We filled it with friends, family, love, and memories.  In a few shorts days we will close the door to this home and open a new one.  A new house that we will again make our HOME.  But for now, as I'm being nostalgic, I will reflect upon this house. And call upon my friends.. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young...

"Our house, is a very, very, very fine house
With two cats  dogs in the yard, life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy, 'cause of you"

Ok, so maybe everything isn't easy, and we have two dogs ( and a cat ), but still.. this has been a very, very, very fine house. In this house I have been brought to my knees by news both earth shatteringly scary and life changing joyful.  I have shed tears of joy, pain, anger, elation, ( a random Friends episode) and everything in between.  I have burned dinner and made meals that would make a James Beard chef envious.  We've shared toasts with friends as we celebrated new love, beautiful babies, and lives well lived.

In this house, we readied a room for the knot in my stomach that became my son.  In the driveway we introduced him to the first 'babies' and then we carried him in to our home.  We had sleepless nights, long days, and more firsts that I could list.

Am I sad? So many people have asked me this question...and the answer is, I'm nostalgic.  The last 3 mile run I did without my GPS was beautiful.  I crunched leaves beneath my feet, waved at the boxers off 55th Street and took it all in.  We lived in a beautiful house, in a beautiful neighborhood and soon, we will live in a new beautiful house, in a new beautiful neighborhood.  So I'm not sad, I'm embracing the change and cherishing the memories.

Good-bye Mission house, please be kind to your new residents and bestow upon them beautiful life experiences.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to start..

Grief