GGMO

Today the world lost an amazing woman, your great grandmother Burke.  Grandmother, or GMO, as we called her was my Dad's mom.  To you, she was your great grandmother, so your GGMO.  I can honestly tell you, that although she never met you, she loved you deeply.  She loved to see your pictures and hear stories of all you were doing.  I remember talking to her after you were born, and she was so happy she cried.  She loved having another great grandson and couldn't wait to tell everyone at the manor about her new baby.

I'm sorry that you never got to meet her in person-- but thankfully technology allowed us to introduce you to her via web chat.  I'll never forget the look on her face when she heard you cry and got to look into your beautiful blue eyes.  I'll never forget her reaching out to the screen so that she could "touch" your face.  When you're older I'll tell you stories of Gmo's house-- of the apple tree in the backyard, Fritz, and sitting in the front window gazing at Mt. Rainier.

My heart is sad today as I'll miss this woman dearly.  But I comforted by all my memories and by the fact she got to know you before she left us.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to start..

Grief