A whole hand of months...

5. My son is 5 months old. I now have to use every finger on one hand to count the number of months he's been with us. How in the world is this possible? There have been so many sweet moments in the last five months and everyday gets a little sweeter. Our world is full of toothless, full face smiles and there is nothing like peering over the crib to find a cooing and smiling baby. I love to listen to Truman on the monitor in the early hours of the morning when he's 'talking' to his mobile and entertaining himself. I love sitting in a dimly lit room singing songs and reading books. I love snuggling up under a blanket. I love watching my husband kiss the top of the baby's head with a level of tenderness I have never seen before.

My sweet son has discovered his fingers, and man must they taste good. We've also ventured into the world of solid foods and have a love affair with bananas. (It should be noted that every morning of my pregnancy found me eating a banana.) If he likes chicken fingers then we'll definitely know my preggo eating habits found their way to Truman. :) It's so hard to believe that we're taking steps like this already, as it feels like just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital.

Everyday is such an adventure, and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to start..

Grief